Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tues. Feb. 27

From what has been a sunny, but somewhat crisp MO,

This has been a good day for us.

I will back up and indicate that Jim's toe problem turned out to be an ingrown toe-nail - so after a couple of shots and some prodding, he should be recovering in the days to come. An x-ray was also taken on his toe where there was a lump - arthritis was the decision. Jim has stubbed his big toe too many times over the years.

We walked at the Y this a.m. and Jim seemed to do the treadmill in good shape. I wasn't sure with his toe being tender, but he seemed to sail through the process.

After cleaning up, we headed out on a few errands and then ended up at HyVee to do our old geezer discount shopping. Probably our big purchase was a roast that I will put in the oven on low heat in the a.m.

Lee Gibbs came over about 10:30 to go over some fishing lures that Jim uses in Canada. Lee was getting ready to make a trip to KC to do some shopping for lures.

I joined some of the ladies for lunch at Beijing today - Helen, Sandy McGinnis, Mary Willis, Pat, Judy Mathew, Ellen, Clara, and yours truly - am hoping I didn't miss anyone. For some reason the motor on a nearby machine was noisy today which cut down on group discussions so we mainly had two or three way conversations. The buffet is always so good there.

Jim and I dozed for a couple of hours this afternoon. I hadn't really planned on a nap, but decided this was a good option. We almost finished off the chili this evening.

I had a disaster in the refrigerator today. Jim had brought some frozen corn from the basement freezer yesterday (or the day before) and I had put some paper towels under it as it thawed. I am guessing the bag had developed a hole in it at some time as when I looked in the refrigerator about mid-a.m. - there was dripping stuff all over the front of the shelving units. If you have ever cleaned up after freshly cut corn you know how sticky this mess is. I had to clean most of the shelves in the refrigerator and then discovered that the shelves in the door were also "holding" some of the sticky residue. What I probably need to do tomorrow is start at the top of the refrigerator (inside) and remove items from each shelf - and do a thorough cleaning. Of course everything I removed today also had to have the bottom cleaned - so I am sure there is still some residue. Oh, well - gives me something to do.

Jim will join both breakfast groups in the a.m. and I am not sure if I will get out of bed to go to breakfast - or just hibernate.

It is so good to see the sun coming up earlier and earlier and setting later and later - maybe I will be easier to be around.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home