Monday, February 26, 2007

Sun. & Mon. Feb. 25 & 26

From a sunny, but somewhat crisp MO,

We had a dusting of snow Saturday night. We didn't have any accumulation on our driveway (roads also clear) probably due to the warmth we had the previous days. There is still a little snow in shaded areas today - of course the girls love the snow.

We didn't get much accomplished on Sunday - newspapers, trip to HyVee for hamburger, made chili, knitted, Ohio St. basketball game, and watched the Oscars. Jim had seen more of the movies than I had (he doesn't encourage my going to violent movies as he gets upset when I walk out).

I had to get up at 6:30 this a.m. so the night was rather short. If anything could go wrong on the data base today at Mobile Meals - it did. I know others of you could fathom the problem, but I was stymied on one - data base showed up fine, could enter new data/changes fine, but when I went to print it, the first column printed separately from the rest of the body of the data. I dotted line showed up on print format between the first and second column. I know that the RSVP director will know how to fix it before next Monday - so Ruth and I cut paper, taped, and played with where to set it on the Xerox machine so that we could print off a complete page. I had printed a sample of the labels and they were fine, but sometime in trying to repair the first problem, something got deleted and when the labels printed (first set) the address was missing. Somehow I lucked on how to fix this and was successful in printing the labels as needed. In all, work that usually takes Ruth and me a little over an hour - took almost three hours - and I still needed to deliver the labels to the hospital. Oh, well -

I bagged some chemo hats and Jim chauffeured me to the American Cancer office to deliver them this afternoon. They will keep a few for their office here, but the majority will go to Heartland in St. Joseph. The lady who takes them was telling me that M.D. Anderson in Houston is working with Heartland to coordinate chemo and radiation treatments for their MD Anderson patients. That seems to be a positive sign to me.

Jim went by the foot doctor's office this morning to make an appointment - has a large toenail that is about ready to fall off. They couldn't work him in for a few weeks, but he took the paperwork back about a half hour ago and they had a cancellation and asked if he could come back - so that is where he is now. He had this (or something similar) a few years ago.

I came home this a.m. and Jim had vacuumed upstairs. He is really enjoying using this new vacuum (can see the results in the cannister) and plans on vacuuming every few days until the accumlation slows down. I think the hose had been broken in the Oreck for several months - we just hadn't realized why it was being so difficult to push over the carpet. The Oreck is doing also a good job now, but I think we have several months of accumlation in the old carpet. I'm guessing the air filter on the furnace also won't have to be changed every six weeks as I've done in recent months. -- maybe some of my breathing problems will also be lessened.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home