Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sat. & Sun. Feb. 17 & 18

From a sunny and warmer MO,

We had another round of snow on Friday evening and night - maybe a couple of inches. Thank goodness Jim Suddith showed up on Sat. afternoon and cleared off our driveway again. Actually there wasn't that much on it, but Jim insists on cleaning off our deck and the concrete slab at the back - so I think that is enough pushing of snow for him - and I don't need the cold in my lungs.

We really haven't accomplished much these two days - a few errands on Saturday, a couple of basketball games, I read the new Robert B. Parker book (Jesse Stone and Sunny Randal), put some beans and ham in the crockpot to cook, fixed cornbread today, made a quick trip to Bob and Karen's place this afternoon to take a quart of ham and beans as well as some cornbread, held the girls a lot, etc.

Karen is back for about 6 weeks from the M.D. Anderson clinic at Houston. She either leaves here the 21st of March or has to be back at MD Anderson by the 21st. She looked good today - actually I thought she looked better than the last time I saw her. Bob has a terrible cold and quietly told me that he thought he just became exhausted while in Houston. Anyone who has spent time at a hospital knows how exhausting that can be and she was in ICU for a few days after surgery. Sandy Ross had taken some vegetable soup over to them a little earlier today.

Abby is in her favorite spot - the crook of my left arm - so typing is a little difficult.

We need to do several errands on Monday as well as walk at the Y. Jim is wanting to go to KC on Tuesday as we need food for the girls and we need to get more divided trays for Velma. I also printed off a new Bernard Cornwell notice today for Jim and I think he is going to look for that book at either Barnes & Noble or Borders.

I can't remember if I mentioned that Ted Anderson died a few days ago. He is a grandfather for Jim's freshman male pole vaulter from last year. I know he was in and out of the hospital a few times last spring and Clint's mom was helping to get him to treatments.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home