Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thurs. Feb. 1

From what has been a sunny, crisp, breezy MO,

This has been a rather active day. We stayed up a little later than usual last night to watch the Texas basketball game - or at least I was up a little longer than usual.

The girls had a good night which means that I had a good night - was up only once with them and Jim took them outside about 6:00 this a.m.

We had seven for breakfast this morning with one new person - Julie Ashbrook. Those present as well were Pat, Jan, Clara, Margaret, and Mary W. I think Julie rather enjoyed herself.

Jim had a six month dental check-up a t 9:30 and I had mine at 10:15. The receptionist had fun with me when I arrived as she told me that I might be a little later as they had a "difficult" man in the chair at that time (of course she was referring to Jim.) I know our time with Chad takes longer than usual, but I always enjoy hearing where he has been and where he is traveling in the next six months - also get an update on how Betty is doing.

We loaded up the girls when I returned home and we headed to WalMart for about four items and then stopped at Piece of Cake for quiche and cole slaw.

I made myself sit down this afternoon and do the preliminary work on the scholarship data - went smoothly - and ended up delivering the needed paperwork to the local high school, V-T for Frank to pick up tomorrow and take to Southwest, and a publicity statement to the local newspaper. I was so relieved when it was over that I settled in for some genealogy work.

I fixed sour cream enchiladas for supper tonight along with a lettuce salad.

We did enjoy eating out with John and Sandy last night at our newest eating spot in town. I had a lucious pizza and Jim tried the rib-eye sandwich.

Jim joins the second group for breakfast in the a.m. and then needs to have the truck to Barnes Baker by 10:00 for an oil change. Beyond this, we have no plans set in concrete.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home