Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mon. & Tues. Feb. 19 & 20

From an almost balmy MO,

We still have some snow mounds, but much of the less dense snow has melted - making for a muddy mess and a delight for the girls.

Monday wasn't as warm as today, but we still did several errands - even with a holiday - and spent a lot of time with the girls. I can't say we accomplished much, but the paperwork has now been sorted and added for doing income taxes - a good feeling. We watched the KU-K-State game last night - I kept thinking that maybe K-State might pull out a victory.

We left about 8:00 this (Tues.) a.m. for KC. We made our usual stops at the Half Price book store, Border's, and Whole Foods in the area north of I-435 in Overland Park, KS - then headed south to the "Land of Paws" to get the girls' dog food and also some doggie treats. Then we crossed the parking area to WilJenny's.

Jim had his beloved Boris Bueller sandwich - pulled brisket with a side of cole slaw, while I tried the Elgin sausage sandwich - absolutely divine. I need to get a lot of water in me the next few days to get the salt content reduced, but the food was great. One of the managers delivered our meals to us and indicated that these were two of his three favorite sandwiches - along with prime rib fixed somewhat like a Philly sandwich. This doesn't appeal to me, but I'm guessing that Jim will want to try it.

We headed north and stopped at Sam's to get trays for Velma and the soup kitchen. I'll deliver these on Thursday as they serve only on Tuesday and Thursday.

The girls were a muddy mess when we returned home today. They had evidently thoroughly enjoyed the muddy backyard as they were mud to above their bellies. We gave them a bath (thank goodness for the utility sink in the basement) and they are quickly drying and smell good - for the time being.

Jim has breakfast with the old geezers (both groups) in the a.m. I am going to call Bob and Karen to see if Bob wants to go to breakfast as I would be glad to go over and be in the house with Karen - if he thinks she isn't ready to be left by herself yet.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home