Friday, February 23, 2007

Wed., Thurs., & Fri Feb. 21-23

I hadn't realized I had not been on for a few days. The computer has been doing some "self" downloads and I made a few attempts, but finally evidently gave up.

We haven't been anywhere too special - Jim had breakfast with the two groups on Wednesday, we dozed too long in the afternoon and I didn't sleep well on Wednesday night, I joined the ladies for breakfast on Thursday, I joined Mary W. and Helen for lunch on Thursday, and today we went to Trenton to attend the funeral of Helen Fulkerson Taylor. Jim's mom would have been a distant cousin to this lady. Several faces were at the service that I recognized from the Fulkerson reunion - most of the older generation is now gone. The lady today was the oldest of six girls in her family - husband died when she was 32 leaving her with two small boys - ages 3 and 6 - farm in financial straits - and somehow she pulled everything together. He died in 1950.

We have walked - am thinking we walked outside on Wednesday as it was almost comfortable by the time breakfast was digested and walked at the Y on Thursday and Friday. The wind had cooled off and I just don't need the cooler air in my lungs when I am moving about. I did a few more laps than usual this a.m. as I teamed up with a buddy and walked - makes for the laps to go much quicker.

We had a new dishwasher installed this afternoon. I had noticed 6 to 8 weeks ago that this one wasn't washing properly and often did the dishes a second time - then the first spring broke in the door - then the second. We have been in the house 35 years and the dishwasher when we moved in was about 5 years old - so I guess they have done about as long as one can expect.

The stove is signalling me that supper is ready - sour cream enchiladas and I need to reheat some peas from last night. Don't worry - fat free sour cream, low fat cheese, low sodium chicken broth, etc.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home