Friday, October 20, 2006

Thurs. & Fri. Oct. 19 & 20

From a now dark and somewhat cool MO,

The past two days have been full. Jim walked both mornings and I am planning on joining him on Sat. a.m. unless it is raining as predicted.

I think we had eight at breakfast on Thursday - usual group - and of course had so many conversations going that it was impossible to keep up. Next I had a hair cut and then I had a library board meeting at 1:30. I had fixed sour cream enchiladas on Wednesday and had thawed some fish for Thursday - along with sweet potatoes and frozen veggies.

Jim walked this a.m. and then joined the second breakfast group. Afterwards, he headed to Dr. Eden's "lake" to fish. He was evidently using the right items today as he caught several to clean and threw two big ones back into the lake. When I sorted the fish this afternoon, we ended up with enough for two meals. He was quite pleased with himself as he also did some rowing at the "lake" and held up quite well. I think this was quite an emotion and physical victory for him.

I did make a quick trip to WalMart this morning to replace some yarn for the chemo caps and also picked up some yarn to make a child's purse for "Joy Toys".

The game tonight did not go well for us in the first half, but gradually we came back and with just a few seconds left (game was tied) hit a field goal and the victory was ours. We play Richmond next Friday (at Richmond).

We have no specific plans for Saturday other than hopefully walking and then enjoying college football. I have enough enchiladas left that I could have them for Saturday supper - or I might decide to make the Dr. Pepper spaghetti - then have the enchiladas on Sunday. Too many decisions for me tonight.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home