Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sat. & Sun. Oct. 21 & 22

From a coolish MO,

Friday was a rainy and coolish day for us. Jim did walk early before the moisture had set in for good. We did not get heavy rain, but had moisture almost all day and into the early evening. It was just a dreary day - and the old bones could feel the coolness and moisture.

We did a few errands on Saturday and then settled in to watch a lot of football. I fixed a recipe from Clara using Dr. Pepper in spaghetti for our supper with plenty of leftovers for another evening meal and lunches for me.

Today saw no moisture, but it certainly hasn't been warm - just seemed warmer as the sun has been out some. The four of us walked about 9:00 this a.m. The girls just love this outing and as soon as they see me getting my white socks out in the a.m. and then reaching for my walking shoes, they almost go into hysteria.

Jim went to see "Flags of Our Father's" this afternoon and I watched tv, held girls, and knitted on chemo hats. Bailey Benson (she calls Jim her third grandfather) came over to see Coach French before she headed back to Springfield and her freshman year at what used to be called Southwest Missouri State. She waited around until Jim returned from the movie and the old geezer got a hug from her when he arrived and another when she departed. He will be impossible to live with for the next few days. She had laproscopic gall bladder surgery a few weeks ago and is doing fine.

Jim is wanting to have fish tonight for supper and I will probably add some butternut squash and some veggies - then finish off with sugar free angel food cake and canned fruit that uses Splenda. I have lots of leftovers so Monday and Tuesday suppers should be covered - and that is okay with me.

I have the computer work for Mobile Meals in the a.m. - first time in the month of October as Darla Macoubrie and Ron Wilder have been covering this duty. Jim will probably walk early and I am going to try to walk after the computer duties. Beyond this, I don't think we have anything special planned for the day - and that is okay with me.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely you can't mention Spaghetti with Dr. Pepper, or for that matter, sugar-free Angel Food Cake, and not post the recipe!

--Sister Margaret of the Order of Our Lady of Perpetual Dieting

10/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home