Monday, June 09, 2008

May30 - June 9

From a rainy, rainy, stormy, stormy MO!!!!

I know that at some time in the future I will be pleading for rain, but we are saturated now and the lightning storms have been frequent and noisy.

We really haven't done much exciting this past week and one/half. I've had the computer work for Mobile Meals once and have done envelopes on Friday twice. Unless someone gets sick or has a conflict, I won't be doing the computer work on Monday until some point in July.

Our big thing has been tackling dresser drawers, closets, shelving, and utility room!!!! We have made numerous trips with items to Threads (somewhat like Salvation Army) and have probably made the garbage men dread coming to our driveway on Thursday mornings. We have come across several items of interest - old watches on my side of the family, mom's recipes, etc., etc., etc.

My big thing probably has been a several day bout with infected sinuses. I haven't had this in a year or more - probably two or three years - and the only thing I can figure is that moving so much dust in the utility room while cleaning made me ill - I'm going on this idea anyway so it will be a long, long time before I do any such project in the future!!!!

The girls are getting haircuts and baths this afternoon - the latter much needed. They will smell so good when they come home.

We are hoping to get to the North KC area later this week. We have a list of 6 or 7 things that we need to do. With the price of gas, we no longer go on a whim.

Oh, by the way, the Sunnybrook trailer was sold on May 30. Jim was quite relieved with its selling and tells everyone that it is one less thing for me to have to deal with if he dies first.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My, what a jolly attitude. I'd like to remind my brother that he's not that much older than me and talking about dying at his young (he must be young--he's only 4 years older than I am) age is just poopy.

6/14/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home