Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 10-23

From what has become a coolish Easter day in MO,

The past couple of weeks have been busy, but at least I have been feeling better and able to keep up.

I am on the building committee for the upcoming library bond issue. Many renovations are needed on a building that is about 90 years of age and the election goes to the voters on April 9. On the 10th, I attended the local City Council meeting where the library director gave a talk to the council members. I have had two building committee meetings on successive Thursdays and have spent time this past Thursday and Friday attaching paper signs to metal holders to be put out in yards.

My Mobile Meal responsibilities have basically been doing the Friday envelopes that I then take to the hospital to be used for Monday meal delivery - to pick up Monday from recipients.

Last Tuesday we made a quick trip to the Liberty area to do some shopping and then headed to Kearney to watch the track meet. It was windy and cold at that meet.

Jim had a bone scan (has been two years) and also his PSA this past Wednesday and we will get the results when we see Dr. Kozminski this Wednesday. We aren't anticipating any problems.

Two days ago (Friday), we picked up Pat about 1:00 and headed to Briar Cliff shopping area in NKC to do some minor shopping and then we headed to the Overland Park/Olathe area. Eventually we ended up at Johnson County Community College and saw the Broadway touring group of CATS. Needless to say it was a marvelous evening. I had trouble understanding the words when the group sang, but could understand solos - age has caught up to me. I couldn't believe the constant action of the tour group on the stage - I was exhausted. We dropped Pat off at her home at 12:30 and were then home soon afterwards - with lights going out a little after 1:00. My problem was that I had some coffee at supper and was too wired to sleep.

We were moving by 6:00 on Saturday morning as we were going to Warrensburg to watch the pole vaulters. It was another coolish - maybe even cold - day and we were bundled as if we were at an end of season football game. The vaulters did a good job and Jim was quite proud of them.

Jim had a phone call a couple of weeks ago from the pole vault coaching wondering if he could come out and provide another set of eyes - and help - at the pole vault area. If Jim had any doubts - Amanda settled them as she spotted him about 50 yards away - gave him a big wave - and then ran to meet him with a big hug - the old man was of course delighted. Two of the male vaulters were started by Jim when they were eighth graders so he has a vested interest in them as well.

Jim also took his boat out for the first time since his hip replacement on Thursday. I was quite hesitant about the issues of getting the boat into and out of the water by himself, but he made it and feels much more confident about the next outing.

This coming week is rather full - I will attend a forum at the library on Monday evening and will sit at the art exhibit for four hours on Tuesday - then we will go to the home track meet. I pick up scholarship applications on Wednesday and Jim sees Dr. K on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't looked too carefully beyond that.

I have a number of phone calls I need to make relative to the scholarship committee as well as the RSVP committe that I am on. We will hopefully be watching more Texas basketball after what we are hoping will be a win today.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home