Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dec. 28-Jan. 12

From a cold MO,

I haven't been on recently as at first I was too mad/upset to write and then we have just been somewhat busy and I have also been dealing with tiredness again.

Jim decided on the Friday between Christmas and New Year's that he couldn't stay in the recliner any longer to wait on our contracted driveway cleaner to come - so he began cleaning off the driveway. I thought this was foolish as we needed nothing at the store, but he persisted. He did okay until he came to the sloping part of our driveway - then slipped and fell on his hip replacement side - initially landing on his knee and shoulder. A neighbor's son had just arrived to spend some time with his mom - heard a moan - and got to Jim before I could get shoes on and get outside. Of course Jim was indignant, but with Gehrig's strength, we managed to get Jim on his feet. Jim came into the house - for about 5 minutes - then headed back outside and I was immediately following him.

Slush (from the main road) had accumulated at the end of the driveway and Jim was insistent that it needed to be removed before it froze so I began to help him heave the heavy substance from the driveway. He became quite upset at me reminding me that I could fall and be injured - and am afraid I was not a verbally diplomatic wife - guess it was lucky that windows were closed in the neighborhood - otherwise the police would probably have been called. Anyway, I know it will happen again so I have my "travel" bag packed with underclothes and toiletries so that all I need to add would be some clothes - in case we end up at the hospital again! This "planning ahead" of course also hasn't gone over too well.

Jim went with Don and David to KC this week and they saw a movie with "Old Men" in the title. Jim seemed to think it was well done, but didn't think I would have enjoyed it. I went with Pat N. to St. Joseph yesterday - thought Jim might go along, but he opted to have breakfast with the second group of old men.

I've had lunch with the ladies two or three times in the past couple of weeks - always enjoy that.

We have watched basketball and football today - the wrong Texas team showed up at MU and good for the Packers!

We really don't have too much specifically planned for the next several weeks. We need to get to KC at some point as we really like the packaged Marie Calender cornbread mix that we get at Target and Velma will be needing some more trays in a few weeks. We are thinking about going to see "The Bucket List" at some point this coming week.

Be safe.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home