Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oct. 8-Oct. 14

From an almost warmish fall day in MO,

The past week has been primarily quiet for us. Jim fished three times - caught enough fish once to clean and bring home for future meals. He has been to Crowder, Jamesport, Linneus, Brookfield, Joe Shelby, as well as Dr. Eden's lake. He assures me that he keeps the cell phone with him.

I have continued to need a lot of rest - sometimes as a result of a stretch of time at night not being able to sleep and at other times just worn out - with doing nothing. I am to see the doctor on the 24th to go over March and August bloodwork and see what he thinks. We had a doctor close his office this past winter and the other doctors have been absorbing his caseload so getting in to see the doctor is not easy. In fact, I was so tired on Friday that I was asleep at home during the homecoming parade and by 4:00 had decided I didn't have the energy to sit through a home football game - so Jim went by himself. Tammy - by the way - he claims that he didn't see you in the stands???- are you okay?

Jim sees the orthopedic doctor on Thursday of this week at Liberty. He has several movies that he wants to see so we are putting the girls in the kennel on Wednesday morning and taking off to KC. One of our first things will be to find a motel at Liberty and I plan on spending most of the time there - either trying to stay awake to read - or dozing. Jim has several places he also wants to see (on top of movies) so he will be in "hog" heaven not having to wait on me. We will be home on Thursday afternoon - hopefully early enough to pick up the girls.

We had off and on rain here for almost 24 hours this weekend. Once or twice it was relatively heavy, but for the most part it was light. I feel sorry for farmers who are trying to get crops out, but the rain is really needed. I never had the energy this summer to put a soaker hose around our foundation so I know we need moisture to prevent problems.

I did go to breakfast on Thursday morning and I know we had a full crowd, but the old mind was not processing too well.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home