Saturday, August 25, 2007

Aug. 21-25, 2007

From an almost tolerable MO,

We have had a full week. Jim had physical therapy on Tuesday and Friday. Valerie gives him a good workout and he is a very willing participant in the activity - making him usually quite tired when it is all over.

Jim went to breakfast on Wednesday and this time I let him out at the door - then returned about 9:00 to see when he would be ready to have me pick him up. I didn't plan on joining the guys, but when I looked in -- he had chosen not to use the chair with the arms, but was sitting on a standard chair and I am afraid I rather freaked out. The two other guys at the table probably felt sorry for him, but my guess is neither one would accompany him to Liberty if a hip was displaced, bring him home, and then do the follow up care. I really don't want to go through this again just because of stubborness!

I joined the ladies for breakfast on Thursday and we had our usual social good time. I am thinking we had eight in attendance - at one time or another.

We took a nap after physical therapy on Friday and then left here about 2:00 for Excelsior Springs for the Jamboree. We ate at a Pizza Hut (was not very good even though the place was very clean) and then went to the local high school stadium to watch the scrimmage. The scrimmage had barely begun when we were told to go to the high school commons area as there was a lot of lightning just to the southwest. Jim opted to go to the truck and watch the "fireworks", but I joined the others in the commons. Later, when we began filtering outside again, I was quite tired and asked Jim if it would be okay to head home as I wasn't sure I could make the drive in another hour or so. We saw Connie S. today and she indicated that after a pause, the scrimmage was continued - with no rain or bad weather to be watched.

We don't have a lot planned for this coming week - PT on Tuesday and Thursday, a home football game on Friday (thankfully it is at home), old geezer breakfast, and ladies' breakfast.

Some of the heat we have been having has been broken for a few days by more temperate temperatures and then the nineties will return in a few days. I will be complaining in a few months about how cold it is!

Be careful.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home