Monday, October 22, 2007

Oct. 15-22

From a rainy, cooler MO,

I noticed as I signed on today that Austin is also having cooler weather. We have had temps in the upper 70s and low 80s - so the 50s is quite a difference for us.

We have not done a great deal this past week. Jim has been out fishing several days. He has walked the banks and also borrowed John's small two-man boat for an outing. He planned on using it again on Sunday, but we have had high, gusty winds the past couple of days and he couldn't think where he could go that would be protected - and that he could easily get the boat in. He overdid it a few years ago when he was carrying a dead battery and has been in some pain.

We went to Liberty this past Wednesday, located a motel, and Jim took off to see three movies while I dozed at the motel. On Thursday, he had a check up with his surgeon and all is going well - also had an x-ray since he was in discomfort, but again all was well.

He wanted to go to Odessa on Friday evening to see our football team play. It is about an hour and a half there and I wasn't too sure about him driving home alone, so I tagged along. I dozed until almost three and made the trip okay. We lost the game so in all likelihood won't be going beyond district. Odessa really looked strong and well balanced.

I went to one of my cousin's on Saturday afternoon to go over family reunion plans for next spring. It was a good outing.

Then I collapsed on Sunday. I just couldn't get moving. We joined long time friends for a carry-in that evening - 6:00 - and by 8:30, I was so tired and had a bad headache that we came home. The headache continued through the night and I didn't get a great deal of sleep. I had Mobile Meals this morning and thank goodness there were no glitches and I was back in bed by a little after 9:00 - and slept soundly until noon. The bad headache is gone and I feel somewhat caught up on sleep.

I have a haircut this week and on Tuesday we get our flu shots at the County Health Center - free. On Wednesday I have an appointment to see our family doctor as I need him to go over my March and August bloodwork and explain some items to me - and inform me on others. There has to be a reason that I am so exhausted and have been having these headaches almost daily.

We will make a decision after my doctor's appointment as to whether we will be leaving on the 31st for Austin.

The football game is here this coming Friday.

Tammy - it was good to see you this past Friday at Odessa. You probably missed Amanda F. climbing the bleachers to give Jim a big hug (much to his delight) and I even received a hug.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home