Saturday, April 12, 2008

April 6-12

From a coolish MO,

The weather can't decide what it wants to do, but the past week has basically been cool until Friday afternoon - when it was almost balmy - then the winds shifted and the storms arrived. We actually escaped the worst with just a lot of wind and rain. I may be wrong that it was Friday afternoon - may have been Thursday.

We opted not to brave the cold in Maryville on Wednesday (track meet had been shifted from Tuesday until Wednesday because of the cold) and instead we made a quick trip to the North Kansas City area for a few items. I've now been able to mark a few "to do" things off my list so that makes me feel better.

We really haven't done a great deal this week. I had a full day on Tuesday - breakfast at Nick's while Jim was with some of the guys having breakfast, joined Helen at noon for lunch, then met Sandy about 1:30 for dessert, and then had coffee with Pat at 4:00. Amid all of this I had fixed a good pasta casserole for supper - not knowing that anything was going to happen other than breakfast.

I think I had mentioned that the breakfast group was going to get together on Monday for ZipLock omelets. This changed and I have still to hear from the Ziploc folks as to whether the comments on the web sites were true or false. We had probably nine or ten for breakfast.

We have a couple of track meets coming up this week - Cameron Relays on Tuesday and Excelsior Springs relays on Friday. At some point we want to make a quick trip to Pomme de Terre to pull the trailer out and get it dewinterized.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home