Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wed. & Thurs. Oct. 25 & 26

From a coolish, dampish MO,

We are not getting a lot of rain, but the continued drizzle and coolness are helping to really make freshly planted grass grow.

I can't remember when I wrote on Tuesday, but we had a good turnout at the open house at the library - CT tonight said about 80. After reading the CT article tonight I am wondering if I was at the same open house they were and for sure how many board meetings had I missed (actually maybe only one in the past year). Oh, well - their intent is good.

Jim joined both groups for breakfast on Wednesday and I can't say we accomplished much for the rest of the day. We did make a trip to WalMart as I had kept both of us awake on Tuesday night with my constant coughing. Until about two months ago - I might cough frequently during the day, but would calm down within about 30 minutes of going to bed - but that has changed. We ended up selecting Zicam - cough spray - and I didn't cough once last night. It was so good to get a good night of sleep.

I joined the ladies for breakfast this a.m. - Pat, Judy Mathew, Judy Duncan, Clara, Jan, Ellen, Sandy, Margaret, and yours truly. Afterwards most of us traipsed over to the new Lowe's (turns out we had "crashed" Lowes on Monday as it was supposed to be contractor's day). The aisles were much easier to get around in today and we had a good time looking. Actually we saw a lot of non-contractors when we were in Lowe's on Monday so we weren't the only "crashers."

Jim has gone to see "The Prestige" - that might be the name - some movie about magic as I understand. He should be home in about 30 minutes. I fixed some refried bean burritos and will heat up a variety of leftover veggies for supper.

We have a football game at Richmond on Friday night. We will probably attend if heavy rain is not being predicted. It seems that each time we have been there - the rain has been a downpour.

On Saturday, I have been invited to Mary Willis' for a brunch for Eva Danner. She is running to be re-elected a county commissioner - and it also her birthday. In the afternoon, Jim and I will head to the Overland Park area of KC to eventually see a group perform traditional Bolivian music - which both of us find haunting.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home