Friday, August 07, 2009

July 18-Aug. 7

From a warmer, muggier MO,

I don't see how time can go by so quickly. Jim has been fishing a couple of times and hopes to go tomorrow to Dr. Eden's "lake." He hasn't brought home fish, but has been pleased with each outing. When he remembers to take his medication, he seems to keep from having a flare-up with Meniere's.

I can't say I have accomplished much. I've had my yearly mammogram and all was okay.

Our (or at least mine) downside was the crash of our computer about 10 days ago. Jim had put in an update device, but I thought it was a continual update so hadn't done anything since early June. At least all my genealogy work is safe - well except for maybe the large family tree through the Mormon site. I have a disk, but the computer doesn't seem to want to take it, so will try the web site tomorrow to see if I can download from there. I don't want to think how many hours I have spent putting in information relative to generations - guess we'll just see what tomorrow brings - by the way, I have my procrastination shirt on today. We now have a new computer and I am a slow learner at new things!!!

We went to a wedding of a former pole vaulter this past Saturday. It was an outdoor wedding and the the weather was fantastic. The wedding was really quite simple. One of the memorable events occurred when the groom and one of his brothers (both Marines) lit three candles for the Marine corps - as a third brother was abroad and not able to attend. When the men headed up the aisle, the crowd stood - led by the men - with those having past service saluting the Marines. We did not attend the reception afterwards as Jim is not in to that kind of thing - and we had also RSVP'd with a non attendance note. Jim of course got a big hug from the bride -and I must admit I also enjoyed a hug from her.

Jim sees Dr. Metry next Friday for what should be a regular check-up.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home