Thursday, June 11, 2009

May 27 - June 11

From a sunny day (first out of several rainy) day in MO,

It seems as if we have been active since I was last on. On May 30, we left a little before 7:00 to head to Jefferson City to the state track meet. As we headed towards Columbia, it appeared more and more likelihood that rain might be in our day so we made a quick stop at WalMart to get large trash bags to protect us.

The girls vaulted first and Samantha Figg ended up fifth. She really looked good and although I know she would have liked to go higher - cleared 9-6, I was really proud of her. The boys began at 1:00 and by then the sun had come out and it was warming up rapidly. This was Clint Dysart's first experience with a state track meet and he handled it like a trouper. He ended up clearing 13-6 (personal best for the year) and ended up 11th. Again I was so proud of him.

It takes us longer to rest up after a big day so we didn't accomplish much in the next few days - other than just what had to be done.

Jim began tackling our garage this week. So far he has filled 4 - 30 gallon - trash bags and has taken 4 or 5 large boxes of duplicates or items that we no longer need (from previous vehicles) to the Salvation Army store. I am sure the garbage men weren't too happy to stop in front of our house today. He has really made big inroads, but I am guessing that before he is done, another 2 or 3 bags will be filled along with another trip to the Salvation Army store.

We have had large groups at our last two Thursday morning breakfasts. We must have had a dozen there today.

I have been fighting nausea - never actually to get sick, but just a rolling stomach. This is a daily occurence and at first I thought maybe my vision had changed. I went to see our optometrist Tuesday and he determined that my vision hadn't changed enough to warrant new glasses - unless I just wanted to spend the money. I came home from breakfast this morning really nauseous and spent the next three hours in bed.

The ladies today told me that the directions I had been given for taking the Barium was not what they were familiar with. I will call the doctor's head nurse on Monday to verify what I wrote down. I sure don't want to drink two of those containers and discover I had done it at the wrong time.

Jim is beginning to pull things out for Canada. He joined Dr. Eden and John W. at the former's country place last evening for a cookout and to make final plans. The fourth one on this outing will be one of Dr. Eden's grandsons. The men leave early the morning of June 25 and return late the evening of July 3.

Tuesday I have an appointment in St. Joseph to get a third CT - am guessing to see if there has been any change from the early March CTs. I might rest easier when I find out the results.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home