Friday, March 27, 2009

March 25 -27

From an overcast, coldish MO,

The past few days have been full. Doug called us Wednesday morning when he and Dara returned from a brunch in downtown Austin. One item on his call related to the weather in Austin turning nasty with large hail being in the forecast. He was concerned that our truck would not have a place to get out of the weather. We decided that we would finish packing, check out of the motel, and then join D & D for lunch.

We ended up going to Hutto, a small community northeast of Austin. They are quite proud of the Texan Cafe that is located there. The food was great and their pies were marvelous! D&D then headed back to Pflugerville and we headed north to I-35 and places north. We ran into very heavy rain south of Fort Worth, arrived during rush hour (yuck), and finally ran out of rain about Gainesville. We then had a smooth drive to Edmond, OK - just north of Oklahoma City.

We were back in Chillicothe on Thursday - about 5:00. Unloaded the truck, unpacked, and collapsed in bed.

Today has had its ups and downs. I scanned Dara's twitter site (she had given it to me a year or so ago) to discover that two items pertained to us -- "Inlaws headed back to MO today to miss ..... Now wondering if hubby planted that idea just to get them to leave. Second comment was about 30 minutes later - ....Glad inlaws left so we can take break from trying them all (reference to Texas monthly article on BBQ and cafes.) We had deliberately not gone to Austin the week before because we knew she was on spring break from the college and thought she would enjoy and need a week to recuperate before the last half of the semester. Guess that didn't matter as evidently we were not welcome. I am not sure yet how I will approach our son about my hurt feelings, but guess I had better let a few days roll by before calling.

I went by my local doctor's office today to see when my appointment was to see him to go over results from my trips to St. Joseph to see urologist. Turns out that two weeks after I asked results to be sent to him - they have yet to arrive. I did call the St. Joseph office, but doctor's nurses were not in today so I left a message on voice mail. I am not a happy camper about this as the pain on my right side is getting worse and I don't think the Vicodin is giving me any relief. I have marked my calendar to check on Tuesday to see if results are here - other wise, I guess I'll drive the 70 miles to St. Joseph and rattle some people in person. It seems almost criminal that the only way things get done anymore is to have to become irate!

I looked up WilJenny's web site today and discovered that a man in Sheffield, England somehow came across this site. He sees me as rather complacent - guess some of you need to make a comment as to how you see me. Maybe I am complacent, but I have a few people that would rather see me shut up at meetings. Oh, well --

We have made a trip to the grocery store today as snow is being forecast for tonight. Some reports show 4 to 6 inches - about 4 to 6 inches more than I want! Jim has no business scooping snow, but he has already made plans to do so. Between the Meniere's disease (oh, yes, he had a minor episode coming home on Thursday) and his heart surgery, he has no business scooping snow, but he is bullheaded and will do what he wants to do.

Didn't mean to get on a soap box, but am tired and don't feel good.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home