Thursday, December 04, 2008

Nov. 30 - Dec. 4

From a cold, somewhat breezy MO!

We are slowly getting some energy back.

Jim met with his orthopedic doctor on Monday and the pin was removed - much more easily than I anticipated. Jim began physical therapy on Tuesday and also had therapy on Wednesday. He will see a therapist tomorrow - and will continue therapy for three days a week for the coming three weeks. He is finding that he is having a lot more pain than he anticipated.

On Tuesday evening we went to the high school (Tuesday was rather balmy here - probably in the 50s) and saw the boys play basketball. It was really an exciting game. Tammy - we saw you across the way, but I am not sure you spotted us. We also located Clint.

I helped Clara and Sandy W. with making some no sugar goodies for the RSVP Christmas gathering. They turned out better than I expected so hopefully they were enjoyed today by those who have to watch their sugar intake.

I had breakfast with the ladies this morning - probably ended up with 11 or 12 in attendance. We were a noisy group with so much catching up to be done. At 10:00, I joined others to finish off the decorating for the RSVP gathering that was to be this afternoon. I talked to Sandy a little while ago and she said there appeared to be a lot of empty chairs - maybe the coolness (low 30s) today kept some at home who had indicated they would be coming.

I do envelopes for Mobile Meals in the morning, we take the truck in for a oil change at 11:00, the girls will be taken to Grace at 1:00 for much needed haircuts, and Jim has PT at 2:00 - and we have nothing to do! At some point we will also do our walks at the Y - Jim is doing 2 1/2 miles while I am content with 1 mile. When we weighed in Wednesday morning I had lost a pound since the weigh-in two weeks ago - thought that was great after our trip to Austin. Jim also lost a pound - I think.

Saturday night we are joining Ron and Pat to go to the new Italian restaurant to have dinner and to listen to Gerald S. play the piano. USC plays in the afternoon so it should be over by the time we leave for dinner. --- my I am getting fancy as I always call the evening meal - supper!

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home