Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11 - second post

My old mind doesn't function well.

I meant to include in the previous post that we finally had a check from the US Post Office today - $382+ - not quite the full amount of $400, but then I didn't have the receipt for the musical birthday card or verification of the amount for the book on CD that Doug had loaned us. I had included various postal receipts on money spent in doing the first claim as well as this second claim - so evidently that helped.

I still find it irritating that the lost box had not been taken care of on our initial claim, but I think they just thought I would quit fighting them. Of course maybe, sending letters to the two senators from Texas and the two senators from Missouri also helped.

It really irritates me as well that anyone can sign for an issured box and the Pflugerville post office seemed to think they had done all that was needed. Of course the signature was illegible as well.

B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home