Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 13 - 21

From a warmish, muggy MO,

We have had so much rain, but at least not staggering amounts at any one time. Typically we have had a little over one inch with each downpour, so I guess I should not complain as some areas have had 5 or 6 inches at a time.

On the 16th I had my third CT scan (had been three months) and this time I had the enjoyment of drinking barium prior to the scan. It wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated - certainly a lot better than the phospate prior to a colonoscopy. I had hoped to know my the 19th the results, but am still waiting. If I don't hear tomorrow, I will call and see if they have them - guess I am just not the patient sort of person I should be.

Jim is getting items ready for his yearly trip to Canada. The guys will leave early on the 25th and will go to Fargo, ND the first day, then will have an easy drive to Winnipeg and on to Crowduck. There is a particular diner in Winnipeg that they always stop and have a delicious breakfast. They will start the return trip early on the morning of July 3 - usually getting back to Chillicothe between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.

Jim sees Dr. Kozminski on the 24th for what should be a routine visit. Jim had bloodwork done this past week for his PSA.

I am not sure what I have done to keep busy - haven't read, have done little housework (we did use the steam cleaner this past week), only cook in the evenings and that is not a big meal, and still I seem to be tired.

We have decided that when Jim gets back from Canada, that both of us need to resume going to the Y to walk several times a week. Jim has promised me he won't return to the 4 plus miles a day routine when he was getting so many Meniere's flare-ups, and hopefully it won't take me long to get back to one mile each trip to the Y.

One of my cousin's who has been the active one in getting the Jobson reunions started again, e-mailed me the other day to see if I can help on mailing labels, etc. again. I have a small box next to the computer that I "drop" items in as I come across them - new addresses, births, deaths, items I have come across, etc. It won't take me long to get a new "rough" draft.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home