Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 3-10

I spent the early evening of July 4 at the Fairchild residence. Their home now overlooks the city park and is an ideal place to see evening fireworks. They cook out with everyone bringing in food items. I leave early as I know the "girls" do not like fireworks. I had only been home a brief time when the phone rang that the guys were about 15 minutes west of Chillicothe - about an hour earlier than most years.

Fishing was good in Canada as well as the weather. They had three fish fries and gorged on the onion rings and potatoes. I am sure the other meals were equally good as Dr. Eden is a good cook.

I had not planned anything for the next few days as I knew Jim would need a few days to recuperate. He mentioned the next morning that he had a tooth that was bothering him so I suggested that on Monday he call the dentist's office to get an appointment. Monday and Tuesday saw no action on his part, but he returned from breakfast on Wednesday with a very pained look on his face and headed to the dentist's office. He ended up having one tooth pulled (had cracked) and will eventually get something to bridge the gap.

On Wednesday, I had been invited by Pat to go with a group of "seniors" from the local Methodist Church to see a play at the Maples Repertory at Macon. This building originally was built (1888 or 1889) as the Jobson Opera House by a brother of my great-grandfather. I don't remember dad or anyone ever talking about this building or ever going by the building and having it pointed out. Anyway, the building later became a cinema theater and later was renovated as a live performance venue. We saw "Blithe Spirit" and it was delightful. The stage setting was great, the diction of the actors was very understandable, etc., etc.

I joined the ladies for breakfast this morning and have spent much of the rest of the day inside - not terribly hot, but the humidity is killing. We had a very large group there and it was impossible to keep up with all the topics of discussion.

We are going to HyVee tonight for our second cooking class - this time the emphasis is on adding grains to your food intake. We are looking forward to the outing. I had thought Jim might beg off as he still has some pain today, but he didn't give me any static.

My only surviving aunt on my dad's side of the family (uncles are deceased), was life flighted to Liberty earlier this week. Jim and I made a quick trip to Liberty on Tuesday to see her and also do a couple of errands that had accumulated. She is quite remarkable at the age of 87 and when I talked with one of her children about 15 minutes ago, she had been released from the hospital and will stay a few days with her oldest daughter. I know Aunt Maxine will be pushing to get back home as soon as possible.

We are planning on going to the Wabash again this Saturday to eat and then hear the band play. I have no idea which band it is, but we do enjoy the outing.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home