Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 11-30

From what has been a rainy, hot MO,

I really haven't had a lot to write about so a catch-up won't take much space.

We have had our front walk removed as well as the concrete access to our house - to be replaced by a 10x6 concrete entrance and then a slope to the driveway -- trying to plan ahead to the days that we might need wheelchair access to the front door. I don't think our kitchen door is wide enough for a wheelchair - or it would be a very tight fit. The forms are in place and the gravel dumped so we are just waiting for a few dry days and concrete to be delivered.

I have completed the envelopes for Mobile Meals each Friday and then delivered them to the hospital - all in all it takes less than 45 minutes. Ron and Darla have been doing the typing on Monday mornings.

We have escaped the heavy rains that went north of us, but we have still seen the effects locally as the Grand River was many feet above flood stage for a third time this spring - farmers haven't had much of a chance and I can't imagine how much has been spent of fruitless planting and the needed gas. Highway 36 was closed for a short time east of Chillicothe and the highway west of Macon was closed for a longer time.

On Monday this week, I drove Sharon Mc to NKC hospital for a two week checkup after having a knee replacement. Her husband died a year ago. One son spent several days here when she was in the hospital, but needed to return to work. It was actually a nice outing and I enjoyed my time with Sharon.

On Tuesday, Jim and I made a trip to Liberty for my annual mammogram - should get the written results tomorrow - I neglected to call on Tuesday to get the results. Since I've not had a phone call from the clinic, I am assuming that all is well. Afterwards, we made a few stops to cover errands that we had accumulated and then returned to Chillicothe about 2:30. Trixie was in hysterics and I soon discovered that Abby had been trapped in an upstairs bedroom since about 7:00 in the a.m. We usually count noses, but Jim was in a hurry (had forgotten my appointment was at 10:00 and was thinking 9:00.)

I made a quick trip to HyVee when we returned and got back home to see Jim glued to the tv with news coming in on the LA earthquake. Jim has a brother and sister that live in the LA area as well as nieces and nephews. We have heard from Jim's brother that all is well with his family and am assuming all is well with his sister.

Jim joined the old fogies for breakfast this morning and I went to Nick's for a decadent breakfast - Jim had wholewheat toast. We left here about 11:00 to head to Macon - with a quick stop at one of my cousin's home to leave some extra articles. We went to the Maples Repertory Theater in Macon to see "Blithe Spirit" - yes, I saw it a few weeks ago, but Jim thought he would like to see it and I knew I would enjoy it again. We had good seats up close, but Jim had forgotten to take his hearing aids. I thought the sound level was excellent and diction was great, but Jim didn't catch all that was going on. Afterwards we went to the Pear Tree Deli - Jim having one of his favorite sandwiches and I had a half pizza - about the best I've eaten in years. We may go back this week to a matinee of "High School Musical" - which ends on Sunday.

We don't have a lot on the calendar coming up - Jim sees his foot doctor in early August. Jim has one toenail that is double to triple in depth and causes him trouble. Football will be starting two-a-days soon and that means the fall season is almost upon us.

Doug and Dara are flying to the Pacific Northwest in about 20 days to spend a week. Both are looking forward to the trip.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home